self-assigned IP on Windows Guest from OSX Host after upgrade to Monterey

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ParallelsU823, Nov 17, 2021.

1. ParallelsU823

ParallelsU823 Bit poster

A few weeks back I upgraded to the latest version of ||s desktop ...
    Version 17.1.0 (51516)

Today I upgraded OSX from Big Sur to Monterey
    After upgrade Windows Guest gets a self-assigned IP address (169.256.XX.XXX)
    Things I tried:
    * switching between Host Sharing Networking (this does NAT, which should work) and Bridged Networking. When using Bridged networking, I can get an IP address from the DHCP server on the network, but it is gated, and for other reasons I need to use NAT from the Host to the Guest. Largely, this indicates that ||s can pass through the network connection, but it doesn't seem to be able to properly NAT a connection now.
    * changing the Type of Adapter (this was originally the Gigabit CT (82574L), and I tried the Pro/1000 MT) .. this had no effect.
    * uninstalling the Adapter in the Windows Device Manager. No effect. Device reinstalled, and once again obtained self-assigned IP

Would be nice to fix the issue without wiping out my Parallels install and reinstalling (assuming of course that would resolve the issue).
    Any thoughts out there?
    Thanks!

2. ParallelsU823

ParallelsU823 Bit poster

OK, just an update that after restarting the Host OSX system, networking was miraculously restored to the Guest.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯