Session was disconnected because another user has connected

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by rzid, Mar 26, 2007.

1. rzid

rzid Guest

Hi

We're currently testing the 2x Application Server in the free 5 application version (direct mode). We've installed it about a week ago on one of our two main terminal servers, today on another one, just to be sure (all Windows 2003 German, clients Windows XP, 2x ASClient 4.3 Build 199).

While setup was a breeze and using it is simple, we're often encountering disconnections (timeouts?). When re-launching the app (Word, MSIE, whatever) from the client application, the previous application window is opened again, but I get the following error message:

"The session was disconnected because another user has connected to the session"

We're currently only two persons testing, on two different servers. I don't know how another person could connect to my server. And it's so reproducable, I'm pretty sure it isn't someone (or even me) connecting from another station.

So... what does this message really mean? What problem do we have?

Regards,

Michael

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

It seams that, there is some configuration issue.

I sugguest you send a support request from the console. This will enable us to find your issue quicker.

Nixu

3. rzid

rzid Guest

Thanks for the hint. I'll give it a try.

Michael

4. rzid

rzid Guest

Taskbar icon disappears when screen saver kicks in

Ok, I think I was mislead by the error message. In fact I'm not disconnected from the application server. But there was a screensaver enabled on it. This not only lead to some interesting visual effects (the screensaver running within the irregular outline of my remote applications). But it makes the applications taskbar icon disappear as well.

I only got the above error message because I reconnected due to the missing icon. 2x interpreted this as a new connection, replacing the first one.

Thus my question is rather: how can I prevent the screensaver to kick in for published applications? We don't want to disable it all together as users using the full desktop (served from the same machine) should be using the login screensaver. Is there any solution to this?

5. zippo

zippo Pro

Re: Taskbar icon disappears when screen saver kicks in

Screen savers are disabled when starting a published application.
    I started the same application more than once and i did not have any problems. Can you add more detail toyour setup.
    Please check the client version that you are using.

6. rzid

rzid Guest

We are using Application Server 4.3, Build 199. The same version info applies to the client. We have installed the application server on two machines. First on our terminal server, then (as we encountered the issue) on a test machine. Both are running Windows 2003 server.

Screen savers are enabled for all our users through a GPO. When I start an application on the server and don't touch it for the default 15 minutes, the screensaver will kick in and the icon from the taskbar disappears. I can see the screensaver in the place where the application window(s) was/were. The blue area is the outline of three applications.

[​IMG]

On the second machine I disable screensavers and the problem is gone. I therefore can't confirm your statement "Screen savers are disabled when starting a published application.". In our case they're not disabled :-(.

7. nixu

nixu Guest