Setting up keyboard and mouse properly

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AndrewJ7, Jun 15, 2019.

1. AndrewJ7

AndrewJ7 Member

I've managed to resolve a number of problems with key mappings in Windows 10 but can't find a resolution for the following:

1. Getting the Insert key to work (insert/overwrite): I can use the menu option Devices>Keyboard>Insert, which works, but that isn't as convenient as just pressing the Insert key. If I try and do a mapping in Preferences>Shortcuts>Virtual Machines (Windows 10) it doesn't recognise the Insert key press - although there is an option to map a pressed key to the Insert functionality.
    2. The keys for §± and `~ are swapped (i.e. if I press the key for ` I get §.) How can I get these characters onto their correct keys? In Windows 10 I have the Region set as United Kingdom; Regional Format set as English(United Kingdom); Windows Display Language as English(United Kingdom); Preferred Languages as English(United Kingdom); Advanced Keyboard Settings override for default input method is English(United Kingdom) - United Kingdom(Apple) - Parallels
    3. This may be a long shot: in MacOS, holding a key brings up a set of accented characters to select. Is this something that can be carried forward into Windows 10 or is there an equivalent?
    This is Parallels 14.1.3 Home Edition with Windows 10 guest operating system.
    Thanks,
    Andrew

2. ThomasAdams24

ThomasAdams24 Bit poster

Hi Andrew,
    You may extend your knowledge with programs for hotkeys/shortcuts following here, I ensure you that after reading the whole article you'll learn which program will help you to solve your issues!
    Cheers, Thomas