Shared Desktop Icons

MichaelH17

Bit poster
I apologize if this is a rudimentary question but I've wondered through the settings and can't seem to find an answer.

When I place items on the desktop of either Windows or Mac the desktop icons appear on both desktops.

I don't want that behavior. If I place an icon on the Mac desktop I want it to remain ONLY on the Mac desktop. Same hold true for Windows desktop items I add, I want them on the Windows desktop only.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
 
I apologize if this is a rudimentary question but I've wondered through the settings and can't seem to find an answer.

When I place items on the desktop of either Windows or Mac the desktop icons appear on both desktops.

I don't want that behavior. If I place an icon on the Mac desktop I want it to remain ONLY on the Mac desktop. The Same hold true for Windows desktop items I add, I want them on the Windows desktop only.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Hello Michael, please follow the below steps and keep us updated on your progress:
1. Start Parallels Desktop ( Do not start Windows Virtual Machine )
2. Open Virtual Machine's configuration > switch to Options tab > Sharing.
3. Uncheck sharing Profile.
Please refer the article for more information about sharing profile.
 
Back
Top