Shared Folders: allow to pick drive letter for each

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by rkcarter, May 29, 2008.

1. rkcarter

rkcarter Junior Member

I've always ended up doing network folders in Windows by using drive letters that are meaningful to me (i.e. "H" for a Home directory, "P" for a Projects directory, etc.). I'd love to do that in Parallels Desktop for Mac. Also, this would mean that if I change the list of Shared Folders, drive mappings would stay consistent.

Of course, I see that this could potentially cause errors at runtime (maybe you can't tell until runtime, with other possibilities for drive mappings happening in Windows or other programs), but of course, Windows or Parallels could complain in those cases.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

I suppose the naming feature is more preferred way , and there is no problem what letter is assigned, just give desired name

3. rkcarter

rkcarter Junior Member

Sadly, there's still software I use under Windows XP that only supports drive letters, and not network names. And when I've added other drives, those drive letters have moved and saved paths, etc. stop working until I re-save them.

4. rkcarter

rkcarter Junior Member

Anyone tell me the best way to report spam in the forum? (see post immediately above).

Maybe there should be a forums forum (I'm serious ... how to use this forum, etc.).