Shared Network (not available) problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by men3ya, Jun 15, 2007.

1. men3ya

men3ya Bit poster

Hi,

I managed to transport my old PC laptop into a Parallels VM. Everything seem to work fine but I am having a network related problem. Currently the system is set to use Bridged Ethernet and this works fine. However, I need to use "shared networking" at work to use IP address conflict between the VM and the Mac.

Most people will tell me and that is what I understand from various Parallels documentation and information that I should just switch to Shared Networking from Bridged Ethernet. However, both the shared networking and host-only networking buttons are grey and I cannot click and switch. Please note that under Preferences/Network both shared networking and host-only networking are checked and seem to be enabled with the default IP addresses.

Can anyone assist to resolve this problem? I am also wondering whether the problem is created by Transporter use?

All the best,

Men3ya

2. superpea

superpea Bit poster

I am having the same exact problem all of a sudden (since upgrading to 4128).

Any ideas?

3. ITan

ITan Bit poster

Same problem here with version 3214. Both shared and host-only are greyed out