Shared Networking Problem in Build 3188

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BeProf, May 22, 2007.

1. BeProf

BeProf Bit poster

Hi all.

We have an application here that only runs in Windows and interacts with an Oracle 8i database server.

It works fine in Parallels except for one problem - if they leave the machine unattended for more than 12 minutes, they get an "Unexpected EOF" error from the Oracle driver. We traced this error back to somekind of network time out that's only affecting Parallels.

This problem only affects people running Parallels build 3188. We have people on build 1970 and it works fine for them. They're able to leave the app unattended for hours and it works fine. All of them are running the same Windows XP image, but with the Parallels Tools upgraded to the appropriate version. I have tried building a Windows XP image from scratch for 3188 and have the same problem.

What I have yet to try is going back to host-only networking and turning on Internet Connection Sharing to see if that works any differently. Once I have the results of that test, I'll let you know.

I know this is an awfully specific problem, but I'm hoping against hope that at least one of you will say, "Hey! We had that exact same problem last week and we did..."

2. BeProf

BeProf Bit poster

I got a response from Parallels Web Support confirming that this is a bug in 3188 and that is should be resolved in the next version.

I also tried switching one of the affected users over to host-only networking with internet sharing and it all worked ok.

Again, I doubt this will affect any of you out there, but if it does bear this post in mind.