Shared profiles - what happens on Windows when Mac folders aren't accessible?

Brianus

Bit poster
Just curious -- this isn't something I can test now as I don't have the MBP in front of me, but I wanted to plan for it. Suppose you were running Parallels from a Boot Camp partition, with Shared Profiles enabled on, at the very least, the Desktop. What happens when you reboot in Boot Camp itself, and the Mac's desktop folder is no longer available? Does Parallels create some kind of fake "fallback" profile folders for when it's run in Boot Camp? Would Windows do that automatically? If so, are the folders still shared when you go back to running Parallels, or do you have to re-enabled Shared Profiles at that point? And if not, what happens in Boot Camp -- does Windows just hang or something when trying to show the desktop?
 
Back
Top