SharedHostAppShExt.dll could not be found

ROBERT BOERI

Bit poster
After allowing Parallels to be updated this afternoon (current version is 10.1.2, build 28859; running Windows 7 and OSx Yosemite 10.10.1) I receive this error message whenever bringing up Windows: c:\program files \ arallels \ Parallels Tools \ Shell Extensions \ SharedHostAppShExt.dll The specified module could not be found. I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Didn't have this error before the update, and get it consistently now.
What does it mean? Does it matter? and How do I fix it?

Bob Boeri
 

Attachments

  • 2014-12-24_15-28-09 RunDll Error.jpg
    2014-12-24_15-28-09 RunDll Error.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 4
No, and I can't. I don't see the icon you refer to (see screenshot) and when I search all my files for "pri-tools-win.iso," I don't see it (see screenshot). I do have my original Parallels for Mac (version 8) CD, but don't know if trying to install tools from that is the right thing to do. Suggestions? Am I missing something?
Parallels Icon missing.jpg Finder for Parallels .jpg
 
Back
Top