Sharing Bluetooth Devices vs Adapter?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by WilliamF20, Oct 4, 2022.

1. WilliamF20

WilliamF20 Bit poster

So on the old version of Parallels with my Intel Mac, I used to have access to the Bluetooth Adapter inside Windows. Now my Windows VM on my M1 can't see the adapter but I can share devices inside of it. Am I doing something wrong or is this an intended thing with the new version or something with the M1 Macs?

Parallels Version - Pro 18.0.2 (53077)

2. KonstantinA2

KonstantinA2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the same issue on M1 with Linux and Windows VMs. On Linux, the Bluetooth devices are visible but it's impossible to connect, on Windows they are not visible at all. Would be great to see some fix for this :(

3. diaz1

diaz1 Bit poster

I am just new in parallel, it s the same for me, have you find the solution ?

4. BentonK

BentonK Bit poster

Sharing Bluetooth devices is generally easier than using an adapter. With Bluetooth, you can pair multiple devices with one another and share data between them, while adapters require a separate connection to each device. Bluetooth is also more secure than most adapters, as it requires authentication to pair devices. However, adapters may be more suitable if you need to stream audio or video between devices, as they can provide a more reliable connection. Ultimately, it comes down to what you need to do and which option is more suitable for your particular setup.

5. WilliamF20

WilliamF20 Bit poster

So I still can't figure this out. I have a tool that requires the adapter to be shared not the devices. Is there anyway to share the adapter into Parallels with the M1? This used to work with the older versions on my Intel Mac.