Sharing Mac applications problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DonnieS1, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DonnieS1

DonnieS1 Bit poster

I have my installation configured to share Mac applications with Windows. Basically, I want to double click a file in Windows Explorer and it launch the corresponding Mac application (Excel, Word, etc.). All the settings are correct and when I double click the file, it launches the "splash screen" for the application, but never opens the file. Specifically, Excel will load the screen that normally opens with you launch it in Mac but the file itself never loads. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. DonnieS1

DonnieS1 Bit poster

I have narrowed this problem down to only files that are contained on network drives on the PC. Files on the local PC hard drive (not shared with the Mac) open the related application and load the file normally. Anything on the corporate network on the PC will only launch the application but not load the file. Still working......

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DonnieS1, are you still having the same issue? If so - please reproduce the issue and reply us with a Technical Data ID collected from the terminal command: prlsrvctl problem-report --send