Sharing: Ubuntu and Mac, Seemingly impossible?

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Brian27, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Brian27

Brian27 Bit poster

Been using Parallels for Mac for about 4 years. Never had an issue with sharing between my mac and a windows install. Apparently an Ubuntu installation is not supported?
    If I can't share files between the two systems, your product is useless to me.
    My config has sharing setup and i've reset the VM multiple times (see photos).

Further: this is not valid, i've tried this and terminal won't CD to either of those paths in ''Custom Folders..."
    https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v11/docs/en_US/Parallels Desktop User's Guide/32922.htm

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.25.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.24.36 AM.png
    -Regards

2. (GalaxyMaster)

(GalaxyMaster) Hunter

Well, you configured the host part, yes. What's about the guest part -- did you install the Parallels Tools (the guest support for the shared folders)? As long as Parallels Tools are installed and the corresponding support modules were loaded into the kernel, there are no issues with transferring files, adjusting resolution, and doing other nice things. The problem is that Parallels (as a company) are very slow on updating their tools to support latest kernels, but I was providing patches in this forum for those who are living on the bleeding edge :).