Should I buy Parallels right now?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ArthurO1, Sep 1, 2020.

1. ArthurO1

ArthurO1 Bit poster

I know that Big Sur is already on beta and, at least some of, Parallels features are working fine, but I an wondering if I should buy Parallels right now. Is there going to be a major release after Big Sur official release? If that is so, I would end up spending 79 + 49 dollars(for the update). Should I just wait a bit and buy the next version of Parallels?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, Parallels Desktop 16 is released only on August 2020 so there will not be a new version until next year. If you buy an annual subscription, you will get a free upgrade until subscriptions expires.

3. Taera

Taera Bit poster

Nope, don't buy parallels until they fix the major issue.
    I used Parallels 7 long time ago. I used it without any issues until I sold my Mac.
    A few months ago, I bought Parallels 15 to find out that Parallels 7 literally had more hardware support than 15 or 16 home edition.
    I was thinking that the home or standard edition (one-time payment) would have enough features to run games or virtualization on Windows 7, 8, and 10 like the old version but nope.
    All I can do is run browsers, download, and do word processing, other than that, it restricts literally everything.
    They have this box called "nested virtualization" that you need to tick off in the subscription version for you to play any games.

4. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

Hello, if decide to investigate the issue further, please provide us with the detailed issue description and technical report data.
    We will be glad to help.