Should I press C

I am going to sound dumb again but what are Hugh and you saying the problem is? Is it because I have the wrong version of the HP utilities, the wrong version of Parallels or what? The documentation clearly says not to use the native driver and I haven't been until the other night in desperation.

For the sake of ensuring I don't miss stuff out in the future, what are you saying I hadn't told you when you say ' it is hard to find out when the initial info is not complete
 
You didn't tell that you installed HP drivers in VM, in guide there is a clear statement, do not install any other drivers for HP, use included with Windows
 
Windows NT - Press C to Continue?

I found myself in the same boat with v7. Press C! It had made itself a 5GB virtual drive automatically, and formatted it with no problems on my 13" MBA/4GB/256GB.

Installing Windows 2000 on Parallels I don't see the Installation Assistant screens that Parallels documentation refers to. Instead it opens up a DOS Command screen. Someway through the installation process, it stops and gives the following warning screen. Am I about to wipe my whole hard drive including the MAC files

".......
Setuphas determined that your computers startup hard disk is new or been erased, or that your computer is running an operating system that is incompatible with Windows 2000

(some more)

If your computer is running an O.S. that is incompatible woth W2000, continuing Setup may damage or destroy the existing O.S.

To continue press C
CAUTION : any data currently on your startup hard drive will be lost

To quit Setup, press F3

......"


What do I do next - patently I am very nervous because the installation is not following/displaying the Installation Assistant. if I press C to continue installing W2000 and it wipes my MAC I will be somewhat distraught to say the least and will probably say Oh bother or something like that!!
keithh is offline Reply With Quote
 
Back
Top