Show microsoft mute status on Status Bar

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by JacquesC1, Feb 14, 2018.

1. JacquesC1

JacquesC1 Bit poster

I really like the ability to mute/unmute the microphone but then I am never quite sure whether the current status is muted or not. I understand I can see it by clicking the Toolbox icon but this takes a click and sometimes one really needs to see it at a glance

2. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

If you add Mute Microphone tool's icon to the menu bar, you will be able to see the current status.
    1. Choose Add to Menu Bar
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 12.38.57 PM.png
    2. Here's unmuted microphone
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 12.39.19 PM.png
    3. Here's muted microphone status
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 12.39.26 PM.png

3. PaulS42

PaulS42 Bit poster

The Mute Microphone feature is almost usable. Adding the status to the menu key is great, but it needs to stop throwing a dialog when I mute and unmute. I want to use this during conference calls outside of the conference app. Also, there should be options for Push to Talk (PTT) and also Push to Mute (PTM) aka the cough button. These simple additions would be worth the price of the toolbox alone. Also, it would be better if there was a more visible way to understand mic status, the icon is ok but very small, maybe turn the menu bar red or change the background, idk.