Sick of Parallels Installing Poor Printers

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TobyT, Jan 7, 2019.

1. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

I am at the end of my rope with Parallels. I've already downgraded back to version 10, but still the blasted software installs its own printer software every time I restart Windows. I have far superior printers with far superior software, but Parallels insists on installing their substandard software under the names of my existing printers. I've learned to recognize and uninstall their printers by naming my "good" printers differently. But, what I am now having to do is to reinstall my old Registry after reboots!! This is ridiculous. I cannot close Windows and expect functionality upon restart without having to restore my Registry . . . granted I do back it up fairly regularly, but I shouldn't have to do this. Fortunately ERUNT is smart enough to reboot without letting Parallels change anything.

Does anybody have a hack that will destroy the ability of Parallels to install their pitiful printer software? I've even looked at moving to different software, but that would mean my Windows vm would be unreadable to it. I've spent hours googling through archives and know this is a persistent annoyance to users so why does Parallels insist on doing it. Their old software didn't do this,. Therefore, I may eventually have to downgrade my way back to version 4 or 5!
    Regards,
    TobyT

2. Hi @TobyT you would like to use your printer in Windows VM? Right? Because if not, you can just turn off the printers sharing in VN configurations.