Sidecar in Catalina VM not working

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Henry7, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Henry7

Henry7 Bit poster

I am trying to get Sidecar working in my Catalina VM (Host machine is running Mojave). I cannot get Sidecar to work with my iPad Pro (running iPad OS 13.1.3). I have Bluetooth sharing on. I have tried the default and Wireless Bridge Connectivity options. I cannot get Sidecar to see my iPad Pro wirelessly. If I plug my iPad into my iMac by cable, then the iPad Pro shows up as an option but when I try to connect, it briefly connects and then disconnects saying that something went wrong with the connection.

Has anyone been able to get Sidecar working in a Catalina VM? If yes, I would love to hear how you did it. Thank you!

2. Neilwhit

Neilwhit Member

Yes, same issue here. Just added a Catalina Guest VM with Mojave Host. You are right that if you connect via cable, you get that momentary option to select the iPad Pro, but it does not connect or work.

Sure would be interested to see if anyone can figure this out. Just seems that Parallels does a very poor job with macOS Guest VM's. Can't run FCPX, Motion, Affinity apps, etc. And with Catalina there are a lot of us that need to maintain workable older macOS's in order to use apps that no longer run in Mojave and Catalina.