Sierra Guest VM Not Connecting FaceTime to iPhone

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by GregoryS1, Feb 17, 2019.

1. GregoryS1

GregoryS1 Bit poster

I'm trying to set up an OS X 10.12 Sierra guest VM in order to use some software that isn't compatible with Mojave. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get FaceTime on the guest VM to connect with my iPhone and make a call like it can on my MBP. I was able to get the VM to recognize the phone by switching it's network connect to bridge mode, but every call attempt fails. Am I missing something? Please advise.

2. Hi @GregoryS1, did you get any error message after the call fails?

3. GregoryS1

GregoryS1 Bit poster

No error alert or anything other than the "Call Failed" error inside FaceTime. Interestingly, the number I called (my work phone number) apparently got the calls, even though they were reported as having failed from my computer. I tried calling from my actual laptop, and it worked just fine. I can take a look in the Console, if that's what you mean.

Incidentally, I also just noticed that the date and time aren't syncing to my actual Mac, either, nor do I have full access to my actual hard drive, even though both are set otherwise. Could all of this be related, somehow? Totally confused.

4. GregoryS1

GregoryS1 Bit poster

Sigh, never mind. I'm an idiot. :rolleyes: I forgot to add the Parallels Tools. Once I saw that I hadn't and installed them, everything was fine. :oops: Thanks, though!

Maria@Parallels likes this.