Silicon Labs USB to UART bridge controller

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by RonB11, Sep 21, 2022.

1. RonB11

RonB11 Bit poster

I'm attempting to get this device to communicate in Windows 11 ARM virtual machine. The device is detected when it's plugged in, I select to add to the VM and a com port is assigned, but the software that needs to communicate with it is unable to do so. Using the same com port settings that I use on an actual Windows machine where it's currently being used. The device works ok with Mac software as well. Device Manager in the Windows ARM VM shows the device is active. I've also downloaded and installed the Windows 11 ARM driver from Silicon Labs in the VM to no avail. I'm running Monterey 12.6 and trail version of Parallels 18. Windows 11 ARM is fully updated. Plan to purchase Parallels if I'm able to get this to work, otherwise have no need for it.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Ron

2. EricB34

EricB34 Bit poster

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm attempting to fix the same issue (are you in simulation, by chance?).

3. RonB11

RonB11 Bit poster

Yes I did. And yes, I was running Windows ARM in the VM. Appears that Windows ARM has a default driver built in for Silicon Labs and if the device has been connected, i then the default loads. Once that happens, it will not allow the other to install over it even though it appears to install. I took a fresh VM and installed the S.L. ARM driver before attempting anything else and then it worked no problem.
    Ron