Skype and Teams (Microsoft) windows with invisible content

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by atritium, May 24, 2023.

1. atritium

atritium Bit poster

After updating Parallels VM to Ventura long ago, the Skype display window became all white and the application therefore unsable. There were apparently login boxes I could type in, but nothing was visible. Similar to the Apple system menu bars that disappeared visually, but were still there and presented visible submenus if you dead-eyed to the right spot on the screen.

Well, I could use Skype from my Mac outside the VM, so after the usual mind-numbing head-banging with Parallels, moved on.

Now am attempting to run Microsoft Teams in the Ventura 13.3.1 VM. It also comes up completely white.

There is SOMETHING there, since clicking and dragging with a mouse sometimes causes a graphic to briefly pop into visibility, much like typing into the blank Skype window would sometimes briefly pop up an error message about the failed login before turning white again.

So it seems to be a Mac/Microsoft/Parallels graphics thing that renders everything in the window the same white color.

Do other people have the same issue, or do Skype and/or Teams operate normally in their Ventura 13.3.1 VMs? If so, can you run down your configuration and settings?

2. JonathanB35

JonathanB35 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same issue. I am running Sonoma 14.0 beta and when in Team meetings all others see is a green screen when I try to share...