Slow performance on Mac Screen when using dual screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Morten A, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Morten A

Morten A Bit poster

Hi
    I have a Mac Book Pro 17 inch, OSX 10.9.2. Paralells 9.0.24217.
    I'm using a Windows 8 virtual machine, and now I started to se problems with performance when I'm using dual screen, but only on the mac screen. The mouse is running slow, windows are slow, when I'm typing there is a delay. This is not the case when I'm using the external screen.

The Mac screen is set to mimic 1650x1050.

Does anyone have an idea to have to solve this very anoying problem? This has not been the case all the time, it has been working very well a long time.
    this happens to all my virtual machines. It's both when I'm using both screens in full mode and when I'm just using a window.

2. Sven11

Sven11 Bit poster

Hi
    I am somewhat glad that I am not the only one noticing a change in the dual screen performance running Parallels.
    I noticed also a major slow down running Parallels Desktop with my Ubuntu VM. It took me some time to figure out that this slow down does not appear when I plug out my second monitor.
    The same performance drop is noticeable running my Bootcamp installation of Windows 7 with Parallels Desktop.
    The system is pretty slow and even key entries take some time to appear on the screen.
    Running Windows natively and also the Host Mac OSX performs pretty well.
    Unfortunately I can't remember with which update (MAC OSX, Parallels Desktop or ...?) this behavior was first noticeable.

Currently I do my Ubuntu Linux tasks on an 7 years old PC running with dual monitors ~10 times faster then my MacBook.

Would be great if someone has an idea what could be done to fix this.

Sven

My setup summary:
    - MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 (8GB)
    - SSD hard disk
    - Second monitors tested (DELL 1600x1200, DELL 1920, 1080)
    - Mac OSX 10.9.3
    - Parallels Desktop 9.0.24229
    - Virtual Machines running: Windows 7 64 Bit (Bootcamp installation with latest updates) and Ubuntu 12.04.01 LTS (32Bit)

3. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi All,

1. Please perform a Disk Repair on your Mac side. To perform Disk Repair on your Mac, go to :

Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility -> Select Macintosh HD -> Choose Repair Disk Permission and reboot your Mac once it is completed.

2. Re-install Parallels Tools once as suggested at : http://kb.parallels.com/4841 and let us know how it works.