1. supriyo

supriyo Junior Member

This is a small glitch, but in PD4 when I click on the start button in the osx dock, the windows start menu does not appear. Only when I click on the two red lines below the start button, the Windows menu appears. This is a small issue, but I thought I should mention.

2. galochka

galochka Hunter

Hello,

Can you please try to double click on "Start" and inform us about the result.
    As by design when you are working on Mac side your Virtual Machine windows is unactive, to activate it you need to double click on it.

3. supriyo

supriyo Junior Member

Hi,
    I see the same behavior when I double click. No start menu when I click on the start button, start menu appears when I click on the parallels double bar. I checked to see that I was inside Parallels Desktop.

4. galochka

galochka Hunter

Hello,

We tested the case and we cannot reproduce the issue, the icon (start button with parallels double bar below is an integrity) so it should work when you click on start button and parallels double bar and on empty space in the icon. What build number is installed on your Mac? Can you please provide us with step to reproduce it (detailed, what do you run where do you click)

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please try as follows:
    1, Once click on Start make sure you see Parallels Desktop in Apple menu
    2. Click there one more time

6. jeffdl

jeffdl Bit poster

I have the same problem. It is intermittent but most of the time the start menu will not appear. I have to use the menu item Applications->Start Menu to get it to appear. Once I do that, it seems to work.

7. John@Parallels

It is a bit different problem, just shutdown from Start - Shut down, and it will remain there

8. jeffdl

jeffdl Bit poster

um, no, that doesn't fix it for me. whatever...

9. John@Parallels

Can you call it from Applications - Show Windows taskbar?

10. jeffdl

jeffdl Bit poster

latest build fixed it

FYI - the latest build fixed the problem for me.