Snapshots possibly corrupted/stuck in loop after Parallels 14 update and Mojave install

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Eric'sNickname, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Eric'sNickname

Eric'sNickname Bit poster

I have had zero issues through many versions of Parallels and since I wanted to update to Mojave, I purchased Parallels 14 update, installed it, the tools and then updated OS to Mojave. My windows 10 guest came up fine and was working until the first time it wanted to create a new snapshot. It never completed and crashed my rMBP (mid 2012, 16GB ram). Brought up parallels and immediately tries to create snapshot and had to force quit Parallels in order to stop it, rebooted rMBP and ran firstaid for discs. No errors found started Windows 10 guest and it failed to open trying to boot from Sata drive message appeared but never went anywhere. I then tried to revert to a previous snapshot and stuck in the reverting to snapshot cycle. It never comes out of it and won't quit because it is reverting and all the Actions are grayed out so I am unable to do anything except wait or force quit.

Technical Report #281770545

2. Eric'sNickname

Eric'sNickname Bit poster

Well, I got no replies to this or my technical report. Wonderful /sarcasm.

I thought I would add my own solution I found myself. After much searching I did find how to handle the snapshots using terminal.

prl_disk_tool merge tool worked the third time I tried it.

https://kb.parallels.com/en/111736