Robert Soden
Bit poster
I'm running Desktop 4.0 (build 3846) with Windows XP Home as my guest OS.
Everything's been great under OS X 10.5. I've been using this exact setup since Parallels Desktop 4.0 was released.
Last week I upgraded to OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and now I get a kernel panic at random times while using Parallels. I've gotten every available update, and I'm not doing anything exotic with my guest OS, just running Internet Explorer (I'm a web developer and I need it for testing). The kernel panic doesn't seem to happen at any particular interval, but always when I've got Parallels running, and frequently enough that it's making it impossible to get anything done.
This is really frustrating, especially since everything I've read said that Parallels was fully compatible with 10.6.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
My system:
2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro
3 GB RAM
Guest OS:
WinXP Home
1 processor
512 Mb RAM
Everything's been great under OS X 10.5. I've been using this exact setup since Parallels Desktop 4.0 was released.
Last week I upgraded to OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and now I get a kernel panic at random times while using Parallels. I've gotten every available update, and I'm not doing anything exotic with my guest OS, just running Internet Explorer (I'm a web developer and I need it for testing). The kernel panic doesn't seem to happen at any particular interval, but always when I've got Parallels running, and frequently enough that it's making it impossible to get anything done.
This is really frustrating, especially since everything I've read said that Parallels was fully compatible with 10.6.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
My system:
2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro
3 GB RAM
Guest OS:
WinXP Home
1 processor
512 Mb RAM