Some Issues with DOS - keyboard, serial, performance

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mlandel, Apr 25, 2006.

1. mlandel

mlandel Member

Under DOS, sometimes pressing the caps-lock key (using a MBP) and then pressing it again seems to leave caps-lock on - alpha keys are capitalized even though the caps lock key is off (as verified in the host OS). I'm pretty sure that pressing it again makes everything lower-case, even though the caps lock is now enabled.

I suspect that this is an issue with processor loading and that the VM is losing the keypress transfer, since I see this only under DOS running an application that has it's own idle-loop (it's an embedded application that I want to run/test as a VM - something that I often did on my PB under VPC).

In the same configuration, having serial ports SIGNIFICANTLY slows down the running speed of the application.

Finally, running an application that uses a standard BIOS call to a serial port ( checks for existence, then cofigures it for operation) reboots my MBP if there is no serial device attached to the VM. Normal C code seems to operate the serial ports OK, albeit unworkably slow in my case. I'll send the crash report when I can recover it.