Somehow allow parallels to "see" connected FPGA boards

GeorgiosK4

Bit poster
I am an embedded developer and recently got my hands on a mac. When I install windows, the VM runs smoothly, vivado runs adequately as well (8 GB - VM... Can't expect it to smash it). However, I cannot directly upload the bitstream to my board because the VM does not see it... I have to resort to hacks and upload it by a terminal application through the native macOS to get my job done...
 
I suppose dual boot is an option, but not for ARM based macs as far as I know. Unfortunately there are no tutorials, but there are some examples on how to use it on the link.
 
Hello!I tried to use the openFPGAloader and I got this error


openFPGALoader -b basys3 test3.bit
empty

Jtag frequency : requested 6.00MHz -> real 6.00MHz
Open file FAIL

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
 
Back
Top