Sound & Clipboard sync problems on Win

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by wb6fiu, Dec 1, 2006.

1. wb6fiu

wb6fiu Bit poster

I tried Parallels for a few days before purchasing, and all went well during my testing (XP Pro Host and Guests, on a 3.4 GHz P4 w/4 GB). I then purchased Parallels, and moved all my production VMs from Virtual PC 2004 SP1. However, a couple of problems have arrisen.

1) Audio stops working on a Guest for no apparent reason. I've noticed when this happens, a wav file is being played (such as half way through an "incoming mail" tone). Not all Guests are affected at once. I've been unable to locate any remedy for this issue.

2) Clipboard synchronization will suddenly stop working. A guest reboot may or may not resolve it for a while.

As a result, I am unable to continue using Parallels, as work requires me to listen for various alerts, and to have the ability to copy/paste (screenshots and ASCII code) between Guests. Aside from that, Parallels seems to function smoother and faster than either VPC or VMware. I just need these 2 issues resolved before I can benefit from Parallels.

2. capneb

capneb Bit poster

I am also having problems with Clipboard Synchronization. I was able to paste one clipboard set into the Guest OS (XP) from OS X, but when I returned and copied something else, the only thing I could paste into XP was the FIRST clipboard item. It was stuck on clipboard #1. After rebooting XP, there was nothing in the Guest OS clipboard, even after recopying in OS X.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

3. gustave

gustave Bit poster

Clipboard not working between OS X and Windows XP Pro

I am also having this problem, and rebooting OS X seems to be the only thing that fixes it. Restarting the VM and Parallels does not work.

Anybody know if this problem is being addressed?
    Is there a workaround that does not involve restarting my computer?

Thank you,
    Gus