Sound driver Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by lshantz, Feb 25, 2014.

1. lshantz

lshantz Bit poster

I saw one short blip back in 2009 about audio. I am running on a Macbook Pro Retina. I installed the new trial version of Parallels, and installed Windows 7. It does not see the audio device. It calls it a "multimedia Audio Controller", and it does not see 2 "PCI device"s. Directx is not working in a game called World of Tanks, but if I do a directx diag, it shows it is fine. I wonder if because the sound is not working, it will affect directx as well. I am not finding this audio driver to solve this issue. Any help appreciated.

I thought I would be able to use this product to run windows products. I did not realize I was going backwards to the point of having to run a complete OS in a VM!! I really don't want Mickeysoft at all if possible. This is bring back the reason I dumped them years ago. What a PITA!

2. lshantz

lshantz Bit poster

Now I'm feeling a little embarrassed. A search of the internet turned up nothing. HOwever.... I did hundreds of "windows updates" and now a search and up pops an audio driver! Sorry... well if anyone else has this problem, do the updates first apparently that was the problem. DOH