Specify Window Size

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by jensenjl, Jul 18, 2006.

1. jensenjl

jensenjl Guest

Is it possible to set the resolution of the application window or will it always be full-screen?

Thank you,

Jamie Jensen

2. tsmonkey

tsmonkey Guest

What do you mean? When you access a published application, it is seamless, with no window around the application; you should see the application exactly the same way it would appear if it was locally installed and in this case, screen resolution settings do not apply. What do you mean exactly?

3. rjodwyer

rjodwyer Guest

I have a slightly different problem.

I have a laptop with 1680x1050 resolution.

Appserver client says that it cant run over 1600x1200 and will run in a window.

Is there anyway to set the window size to say 1024x768??

running in a rdp window is not ideal, as i am trying to showcase the 2X product, and I hate having to resize my desktop to get it to display as a normal window.

Regards,
    Ryan

4. tsmonkey

tsmonkey Guest

If the apps are running in seamless windows, why the resolution is relevant? I do not understand that.

5. rjodwyer

rjodwyer Guest

when running this high a resolution, you get 2 titlebars, as its then running in a window. one for the 2x client, and then one for the program you are running.

if you set your res higher than 1600x1200 you will see what i mean.

6. tsmonkey

tsmonkey Guest

Oh yes, that is correct. I think the problem is related to the Microsoft RDP Client 2X pigs back on.
    This behavior is by design on the 2X ApplicationServer and is even mentioned on the changelog for the product:

"Application Server Version 3.6.0 - 2nd June 2006

Support of publishing application to Web.
    Support of applications on different servers.
    Import and Export of server settings.
    Prioritise Application List.
    Multiple Application remove.
    Desktops larger than 1600 X 1200 are switched to window mode."

7. Drock

Drock Guest

In Windows Vista, the problem solved, but rather it simply did not raise

8. this issue can be resolved by using:

Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) for Windows XP (KB925876)