Speed of Internet in Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by matthew.young, Dec 19, 2007.

1. matthew.young

matthew.young Junior Member

I've finally been able to get my system all configured so the network in Parallels/Windows now functions however the speed of internet connection is dramatically slower than in the Mac OS - should this be expected?

I get good ping times to websites such as Yahoo! or Google but the web pages take at least two to three times longer to load in Firefox in Windows than they do in Firefox on my Mac....anyone else seen this or have any ideas?

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

I personally find Safari very fast, and Firefox relatively slow on even a physical Windows machine or in BootCamp, so this is not surprising. You could try optimizing things for Guest OS performance and allocating more RAM, though.

3. NotBill

NotBill Member

I've found that my VM can download files as fast as my connection allows. I too have it set for Guest OS performance.

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Download speed (Bandwidth) and response speed (latency) are entirely two different things, Networking 101. One measures the time it takes to send a grouping of information from point a to point b; another measures the amount that can be sent per sending.

Think of your water pipes, pressure, and flow.