SSMS & SQL Server Express on Parallels (M1)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Türkiyemre, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Türkiyemre

Türkiyemre Bit poster

Hello everyone.

I have a problem with my M1 MacBook : I have Parallels running Windows 11. I downloaded Visual Studio Preview Edition in order to get working with ARM architecture and it does work without problem. But I need to download SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Server Express but I cannot install them and I think it is due to their incompatibility with ARM architecture. I installed Docker and Azure Data Studio on my Mac but in Parallels (W11), Visual Studio cannot find the database network who is in MacOS.
    Can you help me ?

Thanks.

2. Türkiyemre

Türkiyemre Bit poster

Can anyone help me, please ?

3. LukasV2

LukasV2 Bit poster

Try this: https://github.com/jimm98y/MSSQLEXPRESS-M1-Install This will install SQL Server Express and it will make it available to the apps that you create. However, if you are using the new Visual Studio for ARM64, then some of the SQL functionality built into the Visual Studio will not work because it will be trying to load x64 DLLs into the ARM64 process. You'll have to use the SQL Server Management Studio instead. Also the LocalDB functionality of the SQL Server Express will not work for the same reason (at least I was not able to make it work). But for general development on the M1 this should be sufficient.

4. IvanC5

IvanC5 Bit poster

5. LukasV2

LukasV2 Bit poster

6. 4__

4__ Bit poster

please
    please could you help me
    i have the same Proplem