Stalled at Installing VNIC drivers

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by davidwsica, Sep 1, 2009.

1. davidwsica

davidwsica Member

I'm trying to install the v4 Parallels on Windows XP and the installer seems to be stuck at "Installing VNIC drivers". I've tried this more than once and it keeps getting stuck here. Any idea?

Thanks,
    David

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,

Could you please archive the file %USERPROFILE%\parallels-desktop-setup and attach it here?

3. davidwsica

davidwsica Member

This file is 49MB in size. Even zipped it's still 2.9MB and too large to post here. How do you recommend I get it to you?

Thanks,
    David

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

5. davidwsica

davidwsica Member

I have already created a ticket, 767509, and I just uploaded the file to that ticket.

6. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

just an update for history:

issue was resolved by stopping McAfee antivirus during installation

7. Marc Meketon

Marc Meketon Bit poster

McAfee might not be the answer

I also cannot install Parallels Desktop for Windows version 4. I also have McAfee installed - it's a corporate standard and it's not possible to fully stop it. I can temporary stop it's real-time scan, and I can stop the 3 services (McAfee McShield, McAfee task manager, McAfee framework), but Parallels still stops at the installing VNIC drives with a message similar to: Failed to Install Virtual Adapters

8. Marc Meketon

Marc Meketon Bit poster

Even with McAfee turned off, I am stalled at the VNIC stage

Working with the IT department, I was able to turn off McAfee's services, disable them, and reboot without any sign of McAfee lurking in the background.

And I still am stalled at the VNIC stage - Parallels will not install.

9. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Could you please create a support-ticket at http://www.parallels.com/support/desktop/request/ and attach to the ticket files %USERPROFILE%\parallels-desktop-setup and c:\windows\setuapi.log (if you are running XP/2k3) or C:\WINDOWS\INF\setupapi.dev.log (for VISTA) and post here it's number

If you don't know how to attach files to the ticket, please wait for the andswer on created ticket and reply on the support-mail with these files