Start Menu/Nothing Works in Windows 10. Possible User Account Corruption? Fresh Install on Mac.

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by christopherppax, Jan 25, 2018.

1. christopherppax

christopherppax Bit poster

Help. I can't get anything to work on a fresh install of Windows 10 on Parallels Desktop on Mac High Sierra. It says there's a problem with the Store. I had to reinstall Parallels Tools to get the networking piece to work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks.

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @christopherppax , As it is a fresh install, please follow the steps provided at http://kb.parallels.com/5029 to remove the existing virtual machine and then follow the steps provided at kb.parallels.com/4729 to install Windows and check if it works. Thanks

3. William14

William14 Bit poster

Hi,

I've been having the same problem for months now. Windows 10 is basically unusable on my Mac with Parallels 13. The Start menu can't be clicked. I tried removing completely Parallels from my machine then reinstalling it. The start menu did work for a few days and now I'm having the same issue. My copy of Windows 10 was freshly installed a few weeks ago and I barely use it with some Excel files.

This is extremely frustrating. Any fixes ???