start menu/task bar disappeared

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Bru, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Bru

Bru Bit poster

This is a new development. I've had no problems w/ Parallels 4.0 until recently. I did an upgrade to Leopard about 3 weeks ago, and then shortly thereafter, upon bootup of windows XP, my start menu/task bar at the bottom disappeared. It would show up briefly during startup, but then just vanish. Anything minimized would also disappear with no way to pull it back up. I've tried numerous reboots, tried messing with the toolbar options by immediately right clicking on it while it makes it's brief appearance initially . . . nothing seems to work. I tried going to coherence mode, and the icons would show up on the Apple toolbar at the bottom, but clicking on the icons did not allow the program/documents to open up.

I'm frustrated! Any help on this one would be appreciated!

Bru

2. Craig Neidorf

Craig Neidorf Bit poster

Did you ever solve this? I'm having the exact same problem.

3. Victor Johnson

Victor Johnson Bit poster

Can't move my task bar.

I just loaded Parallels 4.0 which took be half a day since they didn't warn anyone about virus or security software running in the background checking each of these files. I've never had a problem downloading and installing other software, but apparently Parallels was "suspicious" to my virus software.

Anyway after this ordeal. I restart parallels and find that the task bar is at the top of my window. I try to drag it down to the bottom, but it wouldn't stay. I can drag it to the left or the right and it stays, but not the bottom.

I hate PCs anyway since very little is intuative, but this one makes no sense. I checked the Control Panel just in case the task bar is locked in position, but it's not.

So, the ordeal continues. Does anyone have any suggestions beside just going back to all Mac?

4. Bopanna I G

Bopanna I G Hunter

5. Bopanna I G

Bopanna I G Hunter

@Bru :

Please go to Applications -> Show Windows taskbar.

This will show the windows taskbar in coherence mode.

6. Bru

Bru Bit poster

start menu found!

Used Bopanna's suggestion in the Applications drop down . . . fixed the problem. Thx!