Start up with Dual Monitor

soldavi

Bit poster
I have an iMac with a second monitor attached. Running Parallels 3.0/Windows XP. I would like Parallels to open up on the alternate monitor. There does not appear to be any configuration option to force Parallels to open on the secondary display. I have to open Parallels, drag the window over to the second display, and then start Windows XP. Any other method leaves it running on the primary iMac monitor and I cannot move it to the second display. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere?
 
soldavi said:
I have an iMac with a second monitor attached. Running Parallels 3.0/Windows XP. I would like Parallels to open up on the alternate monitor. There does not appear to be any configuration option to force Parallels to open on the secondary display. I have to open Parallels, drag the window over to the second display, and then start Windows XP. Any other method leaves it running on the primary iMac monitor and I cannot move it to the second display. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere?
I though there was something about dual monitor support in the settings screens under Coherence. Have you tried that? Probably not what you're looking for, but who knows?

Jim
 
soldavi said:
I have an iMac with a second monitor attached. Running Parallels 3.0/Windows XP. I would like Parallels to open up on the alternate monitor. There does not appear to be any configuration option to force Parallels to open on the secondary display. I have to open Parallels, drag the window over to the second display, and then start Windows XP. Any other method leaves it running on the primary iMac monitor and I cannot move it to the second display. Is there an option I'm missing somewhere?

Parallels runs within a Mac OS window

make it small enough to drag with your mouse onto the monitor you wish before start up

works OK for me for more than a year now

teach the Mac OS to remember window positions and sizes by clicking on the green button a couple of times

Mac OS saves the last two

Hugh W
 
Hugh Watkins said:
Parallels runs within a Mac OS window

make it small enough to drag with your mouse onto the monitor you wish before start up

works OK for me for more than a year now

teach the Mac OS to remember window positions and sizes by clicking on the green button a couple of times

Mac OS saves the last two

Hugh W

I've done exactly this a number of times. No matter what I do, when I shut down parallels and restart it, it starts up in the primary monitor and I have to drag it over to the secondary monitor.
 
Back
Top