Status Bar in Coherence Mode

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by RCF2616, Feb 3, 2007.

1. RCF2616

RCF2616 Member

1) The Parallels 'status bar' is not visible when in 'Coherence' mode. Could an option be added to have the Parallels 'status bar' icons added to the menu bar at the top of the Mac screen when the VM is in operation in 'Coherence' mode? It would be very useful to have it available in 'Coherence' mode as it is in the other viewing modes.

2) Also suggest that you add a section to your thread entry form requesting the user to provide specific information about the configuration of the machine of concern, the OS version of the machine, the Parallels version and the VM OS when he/she has a question/concern/problem. This info should certainly help your team and/or knowledgeable users resolve many of the apparent issues/non-issues/questions . It would also help users in searching the forums to narrow down their searches and possibly minimize repetitive questions and threads.

Great job Parallels Team!! So far, RC2 is working great on my new 20" IMac (late 2006) / 1G machine. Going to wait for the release of Leopard w/ final BootCamp and the final Parallels update before playing with BootCamp, in view of some of the apparent issues/concerns/questions raised in some of the forums about BootCamp with the betas. (I don't want to push my luck.) :)

Thanks and keep up the good work. I'm sure that you are listening to the forums, even though you may not always respond.

2. STim

STim Bit poster

1. Can you post a screenshot of that? I'm not sure I've got your point :)
    2. Nice idea. We thought a lot about that. Unfortunately, there seemed to be a lot of info to request, if we basically don't know the problem location. Probably, it's better to bundle some script into Parallels Desktop, to collect necessary information. We're doing this at the moment.

And yes, we read each and every post here, though we don't respond to each post. You'll be surprised to know how many managers are reading this forum daily :)

It's just a matter of time until each post is to be getting a response.

Best regards,
    Tim

3. neutrino15

neutrino15 Junior Member

I think I get it

I think I understand what you are talking about. I would really like this too!

I think he/she means an icon in the menu bar or maybe text (numbers) that tell one fact about the current state of parallels. Maybe the icon could suggest the state (suspended, off, running) and the text could be the current load (cpu given to vm). WHen you click on the menu bar icon, it would display a menu will all the info you would ever need to know. (memory usage, network, disc...)

Basically a replacement for the bottom of the "OS WINDOW" view, with some extras added.

ALSO, an idea that I just had, if you put the info that is in the bottom bar into the menu bar (or had an option to do so) you could remove that stuff from the bottom and not have to have that gigantic thick border on the bottom of the "Os Window."

Lemme know if i'm off.. However, I do like this and would want it in the final release!

-Jordan

p.s. I have not downloaded RC2 yet, but I am interested to see how the coherence mode works. After my former post, it would be cool to see if it actually is better now. As fate would have it, my macbook is away at the apple repair factory... It broke:eek: ... I should have it back in a week or so! (says apple):D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  4. RCF2616

RCF2616 Member

Status Bar.

I was speaking of the 'Devices' icons which tell what Parallel-connected devices are active (USB, Discs, etc.), located on the bottom of the non-Coherence window frame.

RCF

5. STim

STim Bit poster

Got you. Added to wishlist for future versions.

Best regards,
    Tim

6. neutrino15

neutrino15 Junior Member

well...

I would still like everything viewable in the status bar... So when you are in coherence, you still have a "controll pannel" of sorts.