Sticky Key Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JODIEE, Nov 26, 2013.

1. JODIEE

JODIEE Bit poster

I am running PD8 build 8.0.18608 with a VM of Windows 8 with Start Menu 8 installed on an iMac running OS X Mavericks version 10.9.

After the update to Mavericks, it seems as though I have a sticky key problem. Randomly, it would seem as though a sticky key has been enabled (even though no prompt has notified me of this). What happens is when I start typing, many of the keys start performing actions in the VM like start menu or opening the side menu (win8) or launching OneNote. I went into the shortcuts section of the PD8 preferences and disabled all of the Cmd shortcuts under all of the VMs as well as Application Shortcuts. I even went into system shortcuts and set "send system shortcuts" to "Never." I didn't think this would solve the problem since it governs shortcuts sent back to OS X. But, I am grasping at straws. I have disabled sticky keys in Win8. However, it still occurs.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. AlekseyM

AlekseyM Product Expert

Have the same exact issue. It's rare, but does happen. It's usually shift or alt that get stuck .

3. JohannaL

JohannaL Bit poster

I have the same issue

I have the same sticky key problem. It happened occasionally when I was using PD8/Win7, but now that I use PD9/Win8.1 it happens several times a day... I'm trying to understand what sets it off, if I accidentally enter a specifik key combo or something, but I have not been able to figure it out.

The only fix I know of is to restart Windows or logout/login again. I would be grateful to hear if anyone has a good solution to this!

Jolianna