Still can't get full 2560x1600 support

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mcg, Jun 10, 2006.

1. mcg

mcg Hunter

OK, so when I'm running things on the bare laptop, everything is fine: I can select a resolution for windowed mode---say, 1280x800---and then, when I switch to fullscreen, it will automatically change to 1440x900.

But when connected to my external display? No dice. It seems unwilling to change to 2560x1600 automatically. What is more, when I do so manually, it will only give me 16 bit color. (The fact that I can do so manually ought to assure you that I have indeed added this custom resolution to the appropriate Parallels list.)

Please advise!
    Thanks
    Michael

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

That's pretty strange.
    1. Try to fully reinstall (uninstall and install again) Parallels Tools
    2. Try to change color depth to 16bpp before you go fullscreen
    3. You can disable "automatic guest resolution change" in Preferences -> User Interface -> Advanced Fullscreen

Report your results, please

3. mcg

mcg Hunter

Will do, thanks. But keep in mind I'd really like to get 24 bit color going too...

4. mcg

mcg Hunter

Did all of those things---no dice.

In fact, here's something weird. I turned off "change guest resolution", and it did indeed stretch my 1280x800 guest resolution to fit the screen. But then when I switched back to windowed mode, Parallels kept a 1280x800 black box at the top left hand corner of the screen. If I click in it, the Mac OSX menu and dock go away, as if it's in fullscreen mode---and then when I click outside of the black box, they come back. Parallels does own the window.

5. Michael123456

Michael123456 Bit poster

i had the same Problem .. goto Monitor Preferences and select "resolution scale" not optimal. then it works for me.