Still No Garmin Support?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by vikingmd, Oct 12, 2006.

1. vikingmd

vikingmd Bit poster

I have installed the latest parallels build and I still cannot connect to my Garmin Forerunner 305 on my Macbook Pro wtih 2.16 Coreduo 2 gbs RAM and Windows XP. Everything else works fine but this sure is frustrating. Any one else having any luck? Are there any work arounds?

2. goex

goex Bit poster

I have the same problem.
    The only solution is bootcamp and windows.
    My forerunner is working perfect.

3. vikingmd

vikingmd Bit poster

Yea. I've used mine with bootcamp. I'm not a fan of having to reboot each time. They were supposed to release mac support, but haven't yet.

4. hhwong

hhwong Member

Maybe the right question is "When will Garmin support Parallels?" ;)

5. ajay

ajay Hunter

Doesn't the Garmin require USB 2.0 support and isn't Parallels at 1.1? If so, don't expect the Garmin to work until Parallels announces implementation of the faster (newer) standard. I have enough trouble as it is using my Garmin SP 2730 on a real Windows machine. For my part, I'll wait till Garmin releases support for the Mac.

6. dmacd

dmacd Junior Member

7. rmorgansd

rmorgansd Bit poster

I'm curious, in working with your Garmins were any of you able to get Parallels to read the map installation DVD? I tried to load City Select 7 from the update DVD and Parallels wouldn't read it, kept saying "Demo32 error". Under Boot Camp all is good. I finally made an iso image of the DVD and connected to the image then I was able to load the maps. I'm new to Parallels so pardon me if this is a well-known problem, I'm just trying to find out.

Thanks.

8. blshaw45

blshaw45 Member

I've been able to load Garmin MapSource maps just fine since the first beta of Parallels. Can't link to a Garmin receiver, of course, but I have both US and Europe maps installed. Rock solid.

9. stooley

stooley Bit poster

yea same here, software installs fine, but it does not detect my GPS18 when plugged in. The drivers for the GPS 18 install fine when connected, but the program never detects it after installed....who knows :)....works fine in bootcamp, but I hate rebooting to get between the two so no GPS for now.

10. gapd

gapd Bit poster

Based on the experiences here, I'm guessing getting a Forerunner 201 connected through a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter to work is a pipe dream.

Installed the Keyspan drivers in XP, and the device is showing power, but Training Center can't see the Forerunner.

The wait for Mac compatibility continues.