Still No Response!?! to Coherence Problem!

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jonandleslee, Jul 3, 2007.

1. jonandleslee

jonandleslee Bit poster

As I previously posted and received no response:

I purchased Version 3.0 as an upgrade and have Version 4128. Coherence is a mess. I end up with two mice on the screen or no working mice. It is not usable in Coherence which is my main reason for using. I tried the method of removing the Tools and re-installing but it did not work. I would like to downgrade back to Version 2.5 but cannot figure out how. Can you please help me with this....it appears I am not the only user with this problem and no posting has been made to fix this yet.

I would imagine that someone from SWSOFT must have seen my above inquiry but I have not received any technical advice or a response to the specific inquiry I made. Can this be remedied?

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Can you verify that you have already tried the following?

1) Go into Windows Add/remove programs and remove Parallels Tools.
    2) Shut Down your VM
    3) Shut Down Parallels
    4) Open Parallels / Start your VM
    5) With VM running click Actions / INstall Parallels Tools.

3. jonandleslee

jonandleslee Bit poster

Yes, I conducted these steps....twice to be sure.

4. k8conant

k8conant Bit poster

I have the same problem and wasted 8 hours so far

I got the same instructions about removing and reinstalling Parallel Tools which I have done about 5 times so far and I still have no Coherence and no Drag-and-Drop, both of which were working fine when I had 2.5. I have written to support and sent logs and screen shots and am waiting for further instructions. I told them I wanted my money back and a way to revert to 2.5. I consider 3.0 [4128] a definite downgrade.

5. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

Can you tell me the build number of the Parallels Tools from the About Parallels Tools Center dialog?

6. jonandleslee

jonandleslee Bit poster

Version

I have Build 4128