Stop turning on sharing of entire Mac filesystem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RyanL18, Jul 7, 2023.

?

Does this happen to you? If so, how annoying is it?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2023.
  1. It's a minor nuisance.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's irritating, but I can handle it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It needs to be burned with fire.

100.0%
  1. RyanL18

RyanL18 Bit poster

It seems like every few weeks, I look in File Explorer in my Windows VM, and my entire Mac filesystem is mounted as a network drive. So is my home directory.
    I turn this feature off for a reason; it would be nice if it didn't override my decision and re-enable itself. This time I think it was a Parallels Tools update that triggered the bug.

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate the issue that you are facing, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    2. Which options did you exactly turned off ?
    Thank you.

3. RyanL18

RyanL18 Bit poster

I apologize that it took me over a year to reply, but I am still experiencing this, so I will provide the information you've asked for.

Report ID:

There is a screenshot attached of the VM Configuration -> Options -> Sharing screen. The two top checkboxes become checked by some background process, and not by me. It is very annoying, because I don't want either of those folders exposed to my VM.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.