Strange cursor behavior using AutoCAD

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by JamesG34, Dec 28, 2021.

1. JamesG34

JamesG34 Bit poster

When using AutoCAD in a Mac Client remote session to a Windows 10 desktop, the CAD crosshairs get "trapped" in the AutoCAD drawing window. It's like the remote crosshairs are unable to change back to the standard Windows mouse pointer--the crosshairs "bounce" against the edge of the window until you cross the boundary slowly enough for the pointer to stay changed. Then everything is normal until you go back in to manipulate the drawing.

The strangest part of this is that the remote session is in its own desktop "Space", and when I switch back to the main Mac "Space", the trapping sometimes happens there, too. The Mac mouse pointer gets trapped within the boundaries of the CAD drawing window even though that window is in Parallels Client running in the other Space. Often I need to minimize the CAD window in the remote session to prevent this.

I've found workarounds but it's frustrating. Any help (or acknowledgement) is appreciated.

2. JamesG34

JamesG34 Bit poster

I found a permanent workaround: changed an AutoCAD variable (CURSORTYPE) to always show the mouse pointer (type 1) not the crosshairs.
    I still think this custom pointers issue is something Parallels should look into.