hw@schroedersnetz.de
Bit poster
Hy there.
I want to find out, what to use to run CAD Software CATIA on a MacPro with Parallels 4 and WIN XP SP3.
Actual I`m using the folloing configuartion:
Host system:
MacPro 3.1 Early 2008 - OS X 10.5.7
8x 2.8GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI HD 2600 (256MB) - the PVM file locatet at RAID 0 500+500GB Volume
Guest system - WIN XP 32bit, SP3
4x 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 128MB Video with 3d acceleration, use Adaptive Hypervisor
Display 1680x1050px in fullscreen, 32bit color
Software
Catia V5 R17 32bit - running ok, but not at high performance level
The questions are (for the guest system)
- more processor cores that 4 ?
- Host grafik adapter with 512MB or 1.5GB (ATI HD 4870, Nvidia GT 120 or Quatro FX 4800) ?
- speed up the volume for the PVM file, maybe Raid 0 500+500+500GB ?
But, I think
- Catia uses only 1 core ?
- Parallels can only adjust 256MB for Video Memory ?
Are there any suggestions or tipps to speed up Parallels for Catia CAD use?
I want to find out, what to use to run CAD Software CATIA on a MacPro with Parallels 4 and WIN XP SP3.
Actual I`m using the folloing configuartion:
Host system:
MacPro 3.1 Early 2008 - OS X 10.5.7
8x 2.8GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI HD 2600 (256MB) - the PVM file locatet at RAID 0 500+500GB Volume
Guest system - WIN XP 32bit, SP3
4x 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 128MB Video with 3d acceleration, use Adaptive Hypervisor
Display 1680x1050px in fullscreen, 32bit color
Software
Catia V5 R17 32bit - running ok, but not at high performance level
The questions are (for the guest system)
- more processor cores that 4 ?
- Host grafik adapter with 512MB or 1.5GB (ATI HD 4870, Nvidia GT 120 or Quatro FX 4800) ?
- speed up the volume for the PVM file, maybe Raid 0 500+500+500GB ?
But, I think
- Catia uses only 1 core ?
- Parallels can only adjust 256MB for Video Memory ?
Are there any suggestions or tipps to speed up Parallels for Catia CAD use?