Switch directly from full screen to coherence, & visa versa. The button is there but disabled.

Shathish, thanks for your quick response. What I assume you mean is that "this is how it works" from a technical perspective, and candidly, that's not a satisfactory answer. From a UX perspective, there's no reason for this to be two steps. As a user, it offers me no value to switch to windowed mode, first. Personally, I only use Parallels Desktop in coherence or full screen, and I never use the windowed mode.
 
I'd love to see this tweak to Parallels! It's such a pain to have to switch to windowed mode. I pretty much only use Full Screen and Coherence. It would be so nice to just be able to switch between the two without multiple clicks.
 
I would like to be able to switch directly from full screen to coherence and visa versa with one click and without wasted time while my machine resizes all the windows to the small smaller window seen when exiting coherence or full screen and then further time wasted while everything resizes to either full screen or coherence. My MBP also regularly freezes while doing this and the spinning wheel is never greeted with joy!

Annoyingly, I usually end up putting my open apps back exactly where they were before the switch so if this could be incorporated too that would be amazing.

Currently 'Enter Full Screen' appears in the view menu when I am in coherence, and visa versa, but they are disabled. The shortcut key is also disabled.

This would be super helpful!
 
I would like to be able to switch directly from full screen to coherence and visa versa with one click and without wasted time while my machine resizes all the windows to the small smaller window seen when exiting coherence or full screen and then further time wasted while everything resizes to either full screen or coherence. My MBP also regularly freezes while doing this and the spinning wheel is never greeted with joy!

Annoyingly, I usually end up putting my open apps back exactly where they were before the switch so if this could be incorporated too that would be amazing.

Currently 'Enter Full Screen' appears in the view menu when I am in coherence, and visa versa, but they are disabled. The shortcut key is also disabled.

This would be super helpful!
Hi @Excelmate, thank you for the suggestion! Would you please share more details about your use case? I would love to know in what situations you use Coherence and full-screen modes respectively, and in what proportion (e.g. 30% of the time Coherence, 70% full screen). Thank you in advance!
 
Back
Top