Switching from Parallels to Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MinutemanP, Nov 18, 2016.

1. MinutemanP

MinutemanP Bit poster

I have a licensed install of windows 10 running under Parallels 11 on a MacBook pro running os Sierra. I want to move from Parallels to Bootcamp. Can I locate an ISO image of this windows install and move it over to a Bootcamp or create an ISO image to then reinstall it onto a Bootcamp drive. I want to avoid the whole lengthy reinstall from disk messing about since my copy of Windows came from a version of 7 that I had bought then later upgraded to 10. To start from scratch with a clean install means I will lose a lot of data/software and all the updates will take forever.

Any help as to how to do this would be appreciated

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Dear @MinutemanP
    Unfortunately, it isn't possible to move Windows 10 installed in Parallels Desktop to Boot Camp.

3. TomS22

TomS22 Bit poster

Guna@Parallels,

Is it possible now? Have updates been made? What exactly are the differences between a Windows 10 instance in Parallels vs a Windows 10 instance Bootcamped??

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello again, TomS22.
    Apart from Windows experiencing general virtualization limitations when running under Parallels, there are no differences whatsoever.
    If your concern is converting your Windows virtual machine into a bootcamp installation, there is no such feature. But this can probably serve as a good feature request - https://forum.parallels.com/forums/parallels-desktop-for-mac-feature-suggestions.769/ -.