System Resource recommendations for new IMac w/Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by S Kaplan, Nov 27, 2015.

1. S Kaplan

S Kaplan Bit poster

I am going to be upgrading my system and am looking for recommendations on minimum/maximum resources to consider in purchasing a new machine. i'll be buying a 27 IMAC with 5Kmonitor, and also have two side monitors. I am an accountant needing to run a variety of tax, time and billing/CMS and other software on the Windows platform. I have also historically run Outlook on the Windows side since the Windows version is better than Mac (not sure about new Mac version). What is minimum amount of RAM I should buy, and is there a maximum amount beyond which it won't help me in anyway? Is there an ideal configuration? Likewise, will an upgraded video card provide any benefit? I assume my choice of SSD versus of Fusion drive has no bearing on Parallels performance? Thank you for any suggestions you have.

2. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

For smooth performance on the virtual machine, the optimal RAM size should be 8GB on the Mac and I prefer SSD as the PVM file can be accessed swiftly which enables you to run the vitual machine smoother. The ideo card will be of use but the default one on a 5k iMac will do just fine.