Tapping to click, clicks randomly above tapped location

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by abarylak, Apr 19, 2014.

1. abarylak

abarylak Junior Member

The newest version of 2x client has resolved the randomly clicking issue I reported earlier. However, now there is another bug. When I tap click, it sometimes registers the click above the correct location. I don't know of a way to reproduce this but it just randomly happens. Let me know if there is any other information needed.

Hopefully this can be resolved in the next update as well. Thanks.

2. abarylak

abarylak Junior Member

Correction, it is not just to the top that it misses. It was top and left a couple times too. It's almost like it just doesn't like to click on certain things because I will get the problem on the same action attempt multiple times in a row. Is there some sort of "smart" clicking feature that was introduced that could be causing this issue? Only reason I ask is because when it misses it tends to click on seemingly "important" other things on the screen. Just a thought. I hope you can reproduce this so that it can hopefully get fixed as this is causing a lot of inadvertent things to happen.

If needed I'm using iOS 7 on an iPhone 5s.

3. maria.zammit

maria.zammit Bit poster

Thanks for the information provided. I will try and reproduce the issue on our system and if need be submit a request to our development team

4. abarylak

abarylak Junior Member

After some more using of the app, I've noticed a pattern to where it registers the click when it does click in the wrong place. It seems to click in the too left area of a section that it thinks you're in. Examples follow:
    - when I try to tap on a back arrow in a file explorer window it registers the click in the top left corner of my entire desktop.
    - when I tried to tap on an app in my start menu, it registered the click on the top most app in the start menu, so I'm assuming it was the top left corner.
    - when I tried to click on a folder inside an explorer window, it registered the click on the top most folder, I'm assuming again that it was the top left corner.

Sorry if this is still kinda random, but it is as close as I can get so far to any proper diagnosis on my end. I hope that can help in some way.