Task Sequence - Prompt to enter a hostname

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by ParallelsU289, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ParallelsU289

ParallelsU289 Bit Poster

Documentation: "In the Hostname field, specify a hostname to be assigned to Mac computers. To assign a unique hostname to each individual Mac, you can use a task sequence variable as a value. For example, you may use the %OSDComputerName% built-in variable. Before using the variable here, you must assign it to a device collection or to individual Mac resources. If you leave the value of the variable blank, a Mac user will be prompted to enter a hostname when the step is executed on a Mac. If you assign a value, it will be used to set the Mac's hostname"

I've followed the instruction and set "%OSDComputerName%" as Hostname. This didn't work, as no prompt came up, the TS failed.
    Log: Started '/Library/Parallels/pma_agent.app/Contents/Resources/../Resources/scripts/set_hostname.sh' '-hostname' ''

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-24 um 13.09.18.png

Next, using the "Set Variables" I've tried to set the OSDComputerName to an empty value. Didn't work either.
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-24 um 13.12.18.png

My last hope was the "Device Collection", where I've added an "Collection Variable". This didn't work also.
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-24 um 13.17.49.png

---

What am I doing wrong?

KR
    Patrick

2. PatK1

PatK1 Bit Poster

I am also having this same issue. Hoping for a resolution.

3. BobT4

BobT4 Bit Poster

Did you all found a solutions? Please share.

4. BobT4

BobT4 Bit Poster

Patrick,

Did you ever found a solution? Can you share as I am in the same boat trying to figure this out as well as the Join to Domain.

Regards,

Bob