Tech support lacking and there must be a bug in the system-Parallel Tools Subscription

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DonaldG2, Aug 25, 2017.

1. DonaldG2

DonaldG2 Bit poster

Several days ago I purchased a subscription plan to add new features to Parallel Tools. I cannot get the new features to add to the existing tools. There is also no refund available for what I spent, even though it never worked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, let tech support play with my machine on a screen share and followed every piece of instruction that I see, and still no change. I only have the old version of Tools without the special features like "Search for duplicates" that the additional paid feature set has. CleverBridge sent a receipt for the transaction and Parallels says the payment shows up in their database, but still no new features. Tech support seems to be very entry level and I had to help them get through the process. A very poor showing in general for Parallels. I will not recommend it to anyone.

2. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

Seems you've mixed up Parallels Toolbox and Parallels Desktop for Mac products.

3. DonaldG2

DonaldG2 Bit poster

I own both. I have Parallels for Mac, version 12 and I had the non-subscription version of Parallels Tools. I then paid for the subscription level because I wanted the extra features that the subscription provided. Unfortunately, the extra features were never added, even though I paid for them. Things like "Search for Duplicates" never appeared.

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Donald, please sign out from Parallels Toolbox (cogwheel > About Parallels Toolbox > Sign Out) and sign in with the new license key (8XKKRF-*****-*****-*****-R57852). Let us know if the new tools appear in the app now.