Terminal session with 2x hangs

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by Joost_Duivenvoorden, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Joost_Duivenvoorden

Joost_Duivenvoorden Bit poster

Dear forum,

I have a couple of users (inlcuding myself) who use a Macbook Pro to logon to our terminal environment using 2x.
    From time to time your terminal session will just completely freeze. If you quit the 2x-appliction on your Macbook en restart it, your session will re-appear fully functional. This happens 2 or 3 times a day.

Does anyone elso have these issues?

2. maria.zammit

maria.zammit Bit poster

Do you also use 2x Application server please? If yes, could you kindly send us what version of 2X ApplicationServer and 2XClient for MAC are you using? Do the clients disconnect all at the same time?

3. Joost_Duivenvoorden

The version of the application server is 10.5 build 1327 (this application server is hosted bij our service provider, so unfortunately upgrading is that easy).

The 2x client we use on Mac's is version 11.0.1897.

I assume that you're gonna say that the application server needs to be upgraded? :D

4. Joost_Duivenvoorden

We have a Application Server with version 10.5 build 1327 (hosted by an external service provider) and the version we use on Macbooks is 11.0.1897. Is that to big a gap?

5. Joost_Duivenvoorden

The application server version is 10.5 build 1327 (hosted by our serviceprovider on a shared platform :roll: )
    On Macbooks we use the latest 2x client (11.0.1897)

6. Kingsgate

Kingsgate Bit poster

Hi

Yes I am see the very same thing on a number of Mac clients that I am using. Its very frustrating. I am using AS XG v11 build 1852.

Have you got this issue sorted?

7. Kingsgate

Kingsgate Bit poster

Hi, I am and have been having the very same issue for a number of months. I have the latest version of ASXG downloaded and installed yesterday and it still did it today:( It doesn't happen to all the clients at the same time but rather at different times but on different Apple units. If I use MS RDP client and go to the TS it works fine and no freezing. Any help would be much appreciated.

8. shorafix

shorafix Bit poster

We do have the very same problem here with a MacOS X 2x client and three different 2x server on different locations and networks. When connecting to any of the clients from any point such as home, business, somewhere else, a sporadic "freezing" of any application window occurs after a few seconds, minutes or even after half an hour. I found out, that the respective application on the server terminal still runs and may be accessed after terminating and reestablishing the session. Obviously some of the previous typing/input that has been made after the "freezing" has been accepted by the still running application on the server. Just on the Mac the window seemed to "freeze".

In order to find out more on this subject, I installed windows 7 on a virtual PC on the very same Macbook Pro. Here I can not verify the same problem. The 2x windows 7 client works flawlessly even when the Mac version "freezes" at the very same time.

I can not tell you our server version of 2x since it is managed by our IT service company "Awinta". They have already filed a request on the 2x service homepage but did not receive an answer.

9. shorafix

shorafix Bit poster

Further to my previously reply I like to comment, that the problem only occurred after updating to version 11.0.1897.

10. tnahodil

tnahodil Bit poster

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. My 2x for Mac freezes about 10 times a day and I have to use RDC instead, which is unfortunate - we bought so many licenses and mac users cannot use them.
    I'm using 2x for Mac 11.0.1897.
    On our application server I have access only to 2x log viewer and the info says Version 11 build 1933.

Regards,
    Tanya

11. shorafix

shorafix Bit poster

From our IT Service Provider I heard there was no such issue known at 2x in Germany. Must be a problem on my very own Macbook Pro. Maybe some software installed that causes problems... :oops:

Hear me: I am using an installed base of dozens of Macs since the early 90ies - must be a flew or something like that? Am I the only one? :twisted:

12. Sbisaro

Sbisaro Bit poster

Hello

I've the same problem. The 2X Session freezes 2 to 5 times a day on all our Mac users with RDP Client Version 11.0.1987. We are running the 2x ApplicationServer XG Version 10.0 (build 1159) on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any solutions?

Regards
    Sandro

13. Sbisaro

Sbisaro Bit poster

Hello

We have the same problem in our company. All MAC Users have this "freezing issue" several time a day. The all have the 2xRDP version 11.0.1897. The 2X Application Server XG Console Version 10 (build 1159) is running on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

Regards
    Sandro

14. sch

sch Bit poster

I had the same issue, but now it seems that it's fixed with the latest release (11.1.2048)

15. shorafix

shorafix Bit poster

Any news here? we payed a total of 4,5 Grants (Euro not Dollar) for our licenses. Guess that's an issue for my companies lawyers...

16. jpc

jpc Pro

It should have been fixed. Does it still happen with the latest release?

17. shorafix

shorafix Bit poster

Re: Terminal session with 2x hangs - resolved

It works nicely with the latest release
    thx